Vista supports more devices?

No. Today I tried some of my devices I don't expect to work under Ubuntu: an unknown usb bluetooth dongle and a Logitech webcam. Since I don't use them for long time the last memory with them were in Vista which asks for drivers of these devices. Some could be found online, some not. I can't remember precisely but Ubuntu definitely work out of box.

I just installed additional software to provide GUI to use the devices - apt-get install cheese for webcam image/video recording, bluetooth file transfer under Gnome to transfer files to bluetooth devices. I must say that Ubuntu/Linux may support more hardware than Vista.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2010 upgrade from 2007 (content database, UI etc)

Ubuntu upgrade

Emacs keybinding in Visual Studio 2010